We spent so much of our lives in the great outdoors. Streets, walkways, garden, parking lots, pathways, by-lanes, etc. all comprise outdoor spaces, and with the right type of lighting, not only can you bring vibrancy to the outdoor spaces, but you can also maintain safety into the wee hours of the night.
Lighting is more than just illuminating outdoor spaces for aesthetics. Streets, walkways, garden, parking lots, pathways, by-lanes, etc. all comprise outdoor spaces, and with the right type of lighting, not only can you bring vibrancy to the outdoor spaces, but you can also maintain safety into the wee hours of the night.
LEDs have taken over the lighting industry because of the range of advantages they offer to the owners. Industries, civic authorities, businesses, commercial building owners, homeowners in many countries have already switched to LED lights for all purposes.
With a forward shift in technical advancements, LED lights are a revolution for the lighting industry. LEDs offer a way more effectiveness and efficiency than those conventional incandescent lights. Additionally, when compared to conventional incandescent lights, LED lights are solid, safer, durable and long-lasting. These days a significant range of LED outdoor lighting products are available in the market, right from floodlights and street lights to landscape lights; all to rightly and efficiently illuminate outdoor spaces
Benefits of Outdoor LED Lights
Since the technology used in LEDs is futuristic, these lights have proven to be a superior alternative for every industry; indoor or outdoor. LEDs have become the first preference for lighting solutions because of numerous benefits it offers including:
- Energy Efficient: LEDs consume 90% less power than the traditional incandescent bulbs. Moreover, an incandescent light bulb loses approximately 80% of its energy to heat while a LED loses only 20% of its energy to heat loss.
- Longer Life Span: With over 100,000 hours, LEDs last much longer in comparison to regular bulbs or incandescent lights
- Cost Saving: As LEDs consume less power, the electricity bills savings break-even with the initial cost of LED lights sooner. The longer life span also saves money
- Environment Friendly: Unlike conventional bulbs, LED lights have no hazardous elements like lead, mercury or glass. Additionally, they are 100 percent recyclable – reducing the carbon footprint.
- Better Visibility: LED lights are designed to offer the right illumination on outdoor spaces – offering better visibility than those conventional bulbs.
Major Types of Outdoor LED Lights
Today, a significant range of outdoor LED lights is available in the market to fulfill almost every type of outdoor lighting requirements; be it commercial buildings, construction sites or public parks. Below are some of the main categories of outdoor LED lights available in the market
- 1. Professional LED Lighting Solutions
- Commercial LEDs
- Street Lights
- Industrial Lights
- Flood Lights
- Landscape Lights
- 2. Buildings
- Porch Light
- Bulk head
- 3. Lamps and Tubes
If you are looking for LED lights for outdoor spaces, make sure your lighting solution meets the minimum standards. Here are a few specifications that you need to check before choosing the right LED
- Weather protection and corrosion resistance: When searching for Outdoor LEDs, it’s very important to choose the fixtures that have been sufficiently tested for corrosive resistance, outdoor environments, and various weather conditions.
- Electrical Reliability Requirements: Check the details carefully and ensure that the luminaires and fixtures meet the electrical reliability requirements as well as lighting standards.
- Electromagnetic Interference Standards: Another key specification is to ensure that the lights used are as per the Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) standards
- Compatibility: Ensure that the lamp or luminaire and the light will mount to the current/standard connections
- Mechanical Reliability Requirements: Along with electrical reliability requirements, ensure that the fixtures and luminaires also meet the mechanical reliability requirements.
- Brightness Level: Different LEDs offer different brightness level and angle of illumination also differs. So, choose the right one as per your requirement
At C&S Electric, we design and manufacture innovative LED lighting solutions that enhance the lives of people and strengthen the connectivity of our outdoor spaces. We offer an extensive range of LED lighting solutions for industrial, commercial and residential premises that are not only energy efficient but also offer superior performance. Our LED lighting solutions include Commercial, Street Lights, Flood Lights, Industrial Lights, Landscape Lights, Downlights, Battens, and many other.