- C&S Electric was founded in 1966
- Incorporation of The Controls & Switchgear Company
- Attain market leadership in road signaling devices
- Starts making inroads into large infrastructure projects
- Works on many key defence jobs including nuclear submarine projects & first Leander Class Warship Frigates for Indian Navy
- Indigenous development of Push Bottons & Pilot Lamps required for automation panels
- Technical collaboration with ABB Stromberg-Finaland for manufacturing of Switches, Fuses, SFU and Changeover Switches
- Formed Joint Venture with Telemecanique for Controlgear business in India
- Entry into Air Circuit Breaker business with technical knowhow from Terasaki Electric Japan
- Designing and manufacturing of Busduct started with technology from SIMELECTRO – France
- Designed and developed low voltage bustrunking system
- Star ted manufacturing of Control, Protection, Automation Relays and Alternators in JV with AVK – SEG, Germany
- Formed JV with Wago-Germany for Terminals blocks manufacturing
- Signed JV with RS components – UK, for mail order electrical component distribution business
- Increased thrust on export business
- JV with Leroy & Somer for Alternator Business.
- Acquired 100% Share of Electronic Relays business.
- Acquired controlling stake from Schneider in TC Joint Venture.
- Contract manufacturing started, Bustrunking range completed
- 100% EOU started at Noida
- Formed C&S Gewiss JV for Lighting & Wiring Accessories with Gewiss (Italy)
- Establishment of R&D center, SEZ facilities
- Growth of 40% for three years in a row
- Three strategic independent entities merged into a newly rebranded company C&S Electric Ltd.
- Inducted GE capital as private equity partner. C&S raised ` 100 crore with intention to explore inorganic growth
- New UL approved R&D lab established at Noida
- Siemens completes acquisition of C&S Electric Limited.